Life Sciences Company

Fulfillment of government directive via virtual training sessions

HCP: 1,650 speakers

Under government directive, life sciences company needed to train 1,650 HCP speakers in two weeks to comply with FDA requirements.

Condensed: 2 wk time frame

Client Stats

  • 1,650 HCP speakers
  • Multiple therapeutic areas
  • Two week timeframe instead of typical 8 weeks
HCP Speakers: 100% trained in 2 weeks

Need to Know

  • Government directive could have suspended all field level programs
  • Developed HCP recruitment strategy
  • Use of proprietary technology Smart Meeting

The Brief

Life sciences client received a government directive requiring them to make an urgent policy update involving the training of 1,650 HCP speakers. As each therapeutic area had different content, the client required more than a general session. Their goal was to minimize presenter time while reaching a large audience quickly.

The Solution

Developed HCP recruitment strategy which included increasing the size of the audience generation team and establishing an assertive outreach process. Use of proprietary technology, Smart Meeting, to track and report on HCPs by therapeutic area and specialty.

The Results

97% participation with four “live” sessions | Reached 3% of HCP speakers with on-demand training | 100% of the speakers trained. The client was able to avoid a crisis situation that could have had substantial financial implications. The client’s field programs schedule was unaffected and the speakers were pleased with the training sessions with no negative perception about the company.

The Story

This life sciences client received an FDA/CIA directive that could have suspended all field level programs. They were required to make an urgent policy update involving the training of 1,650 HCP speakers. As each therapeutic area had different content, the client required more than a general session. With a looming deadline and concerns about negative corporate perceptions from the HCP speakers, the client contacted us for aid in fulfilling the FDA requirements. Their goal was to minimize presenter time while reaching a large audience quickly. The client required us to complete the training within two weeks instead of the typical eight-week timeframe.

We developed a HCP recruitment strategy which included increasing the size of the audience generation team and establishing an assertive outreach process. We designed a multi-media program that consisted of four virtual meetings that provided flexibility to attendees and enabled us to deliver upon the less than 5% “no response” rate requirement. The virtual general session, which was mandatory for all participants, covered the FDA content. We established virtual breakout sessions via the “sub-call” method, where the HCPs could hear the specific therapeutic product information. Our team monitored all the HCP participation with ongoing “live” attendee data and participant reporting. Participants who were unable to attend any of the scheduled sessions could view recordings online (via on demand modules) and still fulfill the government requirements.

We used our proprietary technology, Smart Meeting, to track and report on HCPs by therapeutic area and specialty. Each report included the speaker’s start and end times to validate that all the government requirements were met. Our team also collaborated with the third-party payment supplier to verify and validate the data so the speaker could be considered “approved.” By opting to have a virtual platform for the training meetings, we were able to hold the meetings within the designated timeframe as well as capture 97% participation with the four “live” sessions. With the on demand training element, we trained the remaining 3% of HCP speakers. In the end, 100% of the speakers were trained.

The client was able to avoid a crisis situation that could have had substantial financial implications. Even though the programs were implemented quickly, our team still provided the reporting necessary to show the client’s compliance with the directive. The client’s field programs schedule was unaffected and the speakers were pleased with the training sessions with no negative perception about the company.